Epicure Digital Marketing Shows London How to 'Romance'
Happy Valentine’s Day! One of those happy days in the marketing calendar where content seems to write itself – or does it? Here at Epicure we’ve written before on the pitfalls of relying on clichés to make you restaurant attractive at peak holiday times, so this year, we’re going to share some examples of how our clients could help you celebrate this day of Love – or help you make any day of the year romantic.
1) Make the perfect French chocolate tarte, courtesy of Bel Canto Head Chef Gilles Martin.
Hazelnut Short-crust pastry to make 1 x 220mm tart
- 95g flour
- 70g melted butter
- 35g icing sugar
- 35g finely powdered hazelnuts
- 1tsp salt
- 30g egg yolks
- 3g baking powder
- Mix the flour, icing sugar, hazelnut powder, salt, and baking powder (the dry ingredients) in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and the egg yolks and mix with a hand whisk or mixer.
- Transfer the mixture to a 220mm cake tin and smooth the mixture with a spoon, making sure to get it evenly distributed. The layer should be about 3mm thick.
- Pop in the oven and bake at 180◦c for 10 minutes.
- Take out and leave in the fridge to cool and set.
- 70g whipping cream
- 12g butter
- 17g honey
- 90g of 66% dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Warm the cream and the honey in a pan.
- Pour this over the chocolate and the butter.
- Mix it all together gently with a spatula until the chocolate and the butter melt.
- Pour this mixture over the fully-cooled base and pop back in the fridge to set
2) Treat your loved one to a romantic cooking class with InspiringChefs.
If you want to do something special and romantic, but don’t feel like leaving the house – InspiringChefs might be perfect for you! Plan a cooking date at your house and have the chef come to YOU to teach you and your loved one some of their favourite recipes.
3) Toast your Valentine with a glass of Sustainable fizz.
Preferably a glass of Limney Estate Brut from the Davenport vineyard in East Sussex. This premium sparkling wine is made from a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier and won silver in the 2016 Decanter Awards. And, for a day like today, surely only an award-winner will do?
4) Try a Valentine's Day dinner off the menu at Chriskitch.
Everyone likes a nice surprise, and nice surprises abound at Chriskitch thanks to their collaboration with client EatOfftheMenu. Chef and Owner Chris Honor’s secret dish of choice is slowly braised beef with fresh pasta, a dish connected to his childhood memories and early passion for food “My secret dish embodies this passion – a simple combination of ingredients. It needs a true craftsman to bring out the best flavour. It's a complicated combination of cookery techniques and methods and flavours, presented in a very easy fashion.” You can enjoy the dish on its own or as part of a lovely set menu. Find out more here.
5) Say “I Love You” with a bespoke pizza.
Pizza chain Basilico’s customise feature means you can create virtually any pizza you like for the one you love. Are they a meat lover? Cover their pizza with every salumi on the menu! Chilli fan? Choose from chilli flakes, spicy chilli sausage, and even fresh chillies! Vegetarian? Vegan? Gluten-Free? There is something for everyone. Head over to their blog for some combination inspiration.
6) Book a romantic staycation in a Suite full of Eastern promise.
The Mayflower Collection’s trio of hotels offer a number of beautifully-decorated Suites, each of which give you a taste of East-Meets-West. Try the teal-tinged opulence of the Ottoman Suite at Twenty Nevern Square, the clean white lines of the Mayflower’s Luxury four-poster suite, or the dramatic black-and-gold scheme of the New Linden’s Honeymoon Suite.
7) Say Cheers to healthy relationships with Zayane’s low-sugar cocktails.
The hardest part of being in a relationship can often be avoiding bad habits. We don’t know about you, but at Epicure, all of our perfect dates involve eating. Cosy nights in with takeaway, lavish eight-course tasting menus, a great brunch – not necessarily conducive to a trim waistline. Thankfully, our newest client, Zayane, have just introduced a fabulous range of low-sugar cocktails – and they taste so good, you won’t even realise.
Our favourites are:
Iced Green Tea scented with Jasmine & Mint, Orange Blossom and Sparkling White Wine
Gin, Ginger, Lemon juice and Honey
Vodka, Celery, Cucumber, Lettuce, Lemon, Ginger, Apple juice